1. Do not burden yourself with what has been guaranteed you.
2. Do not fall short pursuing what you have been entrusted to seek.
3. Pardon those who oppress you, and give to those who deny you.
4. For God’s sake join relations with those who cut you off.
5. Give preference to those who love you for God’s sake.
6. Freely extend your soul and your wealth to your brothers.
7. Be careful to fulfill the religious rights owed to your Lord.
8. Do not consider any good deed you perform to be great, nor any bad deed your perpetrate to be insignificant.
9. Beware of hidden guiles of the heart.
10. Beware of dissemblance with your knowledge just as you are cautious not to become conceited with your actions. [Above quotes by Imam Harith al Muhasibi]