surah hadid, 57:20
20. Know ye (all), that the life of this world is but play and amusement,
pomp and mutual boasting and multiplying, (in rivalry) among yourselves, riches and children. Here is a similitude: How rain and the growth which it brings forth, delight (the hearts of) the tillers; soon it withers; thou wilt see it grow yellow; then it becomes dry and crumbles away. But in the Hereafter is a Penalty severe (for the devotees of wrong). And Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the devotees of Allah.
And what is the life of this world, but goods and chattels of deception?
surah kahf, 18:28
28. And keep thy soul content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Face;
and let not thine eyes pass beyond them, seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life;
nor obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds.
surah ankabut: 29:25
25. The love between you is only in the life of the world. Then on the Day of Resurrection ye will deny each other and curse each other, and your abode will be the Fire, and ye will have no helpers.
surah an’am: 6:32
32. What is the life of this world but play and amusement? But best is the home in the hereafter, for those who are righteous. Will ye not then understand?
surah an’am: 6:70
70. Leave alone those who take their religion to be mere play and amusement, and are deceived by the life of this world. But proclaim (to them) this (truth): that every soul delivers itself to ruin by its own acts: it will find for itself no protector or intercessor except Allah. if it offered every ransom, (or reparation), none will be accepted: such is (the end of) those who deliver themselves to ruin by their own acts: they will have for drink (only) boiling water, and for punishment, one most grievous: for they persisted in rejecting Allah.
surah a’raf: 97-98
97. Did the people of the towns feel secure against the coming of Our wrath by night while they were asleep?
98. Or else did they feel secure against its coming in broad daylight while they played about (care-free)?